June 8 - 19, 2020
In the summer of 2020, prepare to travel through a well-preserved medieval city tightly packed with houses, temples, palaces and squares that are hundreds of years old. Identify the differences between Public and Private schools in Nepal, by visiting both. All while hiking through the mountains and temples and staying in private homes in the Village. From enjoying natural hot springs to dining with local Nepali teachers, you will enjoy this cultural treasure!
Click here for a Photo Tour of our itinerary!
Your Two Amazing Trip Leaders:
Hannah Gilbert @hjgilby
Limited To 20 Participants
All trips are very flexible. If you want to make some changes, or bring family, contact us and we will help you make the most of your visit! Visit our FAQ page for more information!
- 20+ hours Professional Development observing and working with teachers in Nepali schools
- Hiking Tour Through the Mountains
- Walking Tours of Kathmandu Villages
- Welcome Reception
- Visit Temples and Hot Springs
- Background check
- Visit to Tibetan Buddhist Community
- Bookbag Tours Conclusive Summit Dinner
- Hotel Stay
Please note that itineraries and schools are subject to change because of school events, school leadership changes, etc.... We will keep you updated when there is a change.
Arrive in Kathmandu
- Arrival and Transfer to Hotel
- Trip Orientation
- Lecture on Education in Nepal by an expert followed by welcome dinner
Village, Machhapuchhere, Kaski
- Travel to village (about 8 hours drive from Kathmandu)
- Welcome in village
Machhapuchhere Village Work
- Work on a school project: The day will start with the school time.
- Visit to a local government school and work with teachers on teaching methods and we will comeup with different ideas for improving teaching methods.
- Participants will learn from each other and will share each other’s experience of teaching in school.
- Visit to local sites like, hike to a nearest hill, visit nearest hotspring etc.
- Working dinner with local teachers and visiting teachers.
Trek to Australian Camp
Day of Hiking
Trek to Chommorong
- After breakfast we will hike closer to the Mountain.
- Hike to Chommorong, a beautiful place in Annapurna trek.
- Stay overnight in Chommorong.
- Hikedown from Chommorong to get to Pokhara.
- After 3 hours of walk we will take jeep to Pokhara.
- As we reach in Pokhara we will have a free day on our own.
- Another day in Pokhara
- Visit to World Peace Pagoda, boating in Fewa lake
- Visit a private school in Pokhara and interact with teachers
Return to Kathmandu
- Travel back to Kathmandu
- Free evening
UNESCO World Heritage
- UNESCO Word Heritage sites in Kathmandu
- Visit city center and local market
- Farewell dinner in the evening at a traditional Nepali restaurant.
Free Day in Kathmandu
Informal Educational Forum with Nepali Teachers
Return Home or Extend Your Stay
Click here for Optional Side Trips